Pendry Hotels and Resorts Announces Grand Opening of Pendry Washington DC-The Wharf
PENDRY HOTELS & RESORTS ANNOUNCES THE GRAND OPENING OF PENDRY WASHINGTON DC – THE WHARF
Pendry Washington DC Brings Contemporary Luxury to The Nation’s Capital
ORANGE COUNTY, CALIF. (October 26, 2022) – Pendry Hotels & Resorts today announced the opening of Pendry Washington DC – The Wharf, marking the seventh addition to the Pendry Hotels & Resorts portfolio and the brand’s first location in our nation’s capital. Located along The Wharf, a mile-long waterfront destination set on the Potomac River, Pendry Washington DC features 131 beautifully appointed guestrooms and suites; three signature dining and bar concepts, including a pool terrace and rooftop cocktail lounge with panoramic views; Spa Pendry; a state-of-the-art fitness center; curated art collection and 7,500 square feet of indoor and outdoor meeting and event space.
“For many years we have looked for the ideal location to place our flag in our nation’s capital,” said Founder, Chairman and CEO of Montage International, Alan J. Fuerstman. “The Wharf is one of the most vibrant and innovative mixed-used developments in the country, and we look forward to welcoming our global guests and the local community to experience Pendry in one of the most dynamic cities.”
Designed by ODA with interiors by DesignAgency, Pendry Washington DC effortlessly blends European-inspired sensibility and contemporary hospitality with light interiors grounded by timeless touchpoints such as old-world flooring, metal detailing and plush textiles throughout. Richly layered interiors reflecting a timeless European grandeur are also artfully balanced by a residential design creating a warm, attentive environment. Lastly, drawing inspiration from the iconic colonnades and limestone buildings for which the capital is known, Pendry Washington DC reinterprets those architectural principles into a modern and sophisticated design enhanced by soft integrated lighting throughout.
Pendry Washington DC is home to three signature restaurant, lounge, and bar experiences under the helm of longtime DC culinary veteran, Executive Chef Barry Koslow:
- Moonraker - A rooftop restaurant and bar experience, Moonraker, features a Japanese-inspired menu with flavorful light bites such as Tokyo fried chicken, and yellowtail sashimi and specialty rolls, served alongside a curated library of Japanese whisky and bespoke cocktails. Boasting some of the best Potomac waterfront views in the city, the spectacular scenery is equally matched by dramatic interiors including a stunning circular bar lit from above that features a chandelier of cascading brass pendants. Surrounded by bold, black and white geometric floors, Moonraker is flanked by endless views and a wall of arched mirrors, providing an enviable atmosphere complemented with live music and DJ sets as the evening turns to late-night.
- Flora Flora - Leaning into the flavors of Latin America, Flora Flora takes inspiration from the dynamic cuisines of Mexico and Peru. Serving breakfast, lunch and dinner, the menu features small plates celebrating local farmers and purveyors, with a healthy assortment of plant-based items, allowing guests to partake in a culinary journey complemented by global wine selections and cocktails. With views overlooking the Potomac River, Flora Flora offers a lighthearted and airy ambiance with sun-drenched waterfront vistas sprinkled with lush greenery and natural colors such as earthy terracotta and sage green hues alongside historic murals featured on the walls in a modern monochromatic sepia tone. With a seamless flow between the indoors and out, Flora Flora also serves the hotel’s expansive open-air pool deck, where guests can recline below awning-stripe parasols and gaze at the sparkling water below.
- Bar Pendry - Bar Pendry is an intimate, richly designed space drenched in moody blue and crimson hues that evoke the grandeur of a classic hotel bar, but with the modern essence of today. Tucked off the lobby, Bar Pendry is beautifully appointed with warm finishes and sultry layers of velvet, antiqued mirror, brushed bronze accents and a vintage mantel carved from dark Emperador marble. A respite from the bustling city, Bar Pendry is home to expert bartenders that have mastered the art of the perfect cocktail in an inviting yet refined atmosphere.
“Washington DC is an important, culturally rich city that we have admired and frequented for years,” said Co-Founder of Pendry Hotels & Resorts, Michael Fuerstman. “We are honored to contribute to the city’s cultural fabric with bold architecture and design, exciting new culinary and entertainment offerings, and our style of luxury hospitality in an incredible waterfront setting.”
Pendry Washington DC will also offer a host of signature amenities including:
- Spa Pendry – An urban sanctuary and full-service signature spa and wellness retreat, Spa Pendry features five private treatment rooms, including a couple’s room, two eucalyptus-infused steam rooms, tranquil lounge, and an innovative menu of results-driven beauty and body treatments designed with the latest in wellness, health, and technology in mind.
- Fitness Center – A world-class, 24-hour fitness center featuring Technogym equipment, Peloton bikes and Tonal training equipment.
- Meetings & Events – With over 7,500 square feet of special event space, the hotel can accommodate events of various sizes in several stylishly curated meeting rooms including the second-level ballroom. Golden accents set the spaces aglow, from sculptural brass lighting and metal inlay to the double-coved ceiling hand-painted in a gold finish to create a luminous atmosphere. State-of-the-art technology, high-touch service and well-appointed amenities complement each meeting and event space.
Experience Pendry Washington DC with the Stay & Play offer, including a $75 daily resort credit ($150 for suites and $300 for specialty suites) to use towards any one of the hotel’s dining concepts or Spa Pendry. For more information on Pendry Washington DC and to book a reservation, please visit www.pendry.com/washington-dc. Follow on social @pendryhotels and @pendrywharfdc.
About Washington DC – The Wharf
Pendry Washington DC – The Wharf is located within The Wharf—Washington D.C.’s latest waterfront dining, shopping, hospitality, residential and cultural destination. Pendry Washington DC – The Wharf is designed by DesignAgency and will bring the Pendry Hotels & Resorts refined sense of modern-day luxury hospitality to the waterfront neighborhood, with 131 guestrooms, including 34 suites; three food and beverage concepts including a chic cocktail lounge; destination pool deck with an indoor/outdoor restaurant; rooftop lounge and bar; Spa Pendry and state-of-the-art fitness center, and 7,500-square-feet of meeting and event space. For more information, follow @pendrywharfdc or visit www.pendry.com/washington-dc.
About Pendry Hotels & Resorts
Pendry Hotels & Resorts is a contemporary hospitality brand from Montage International. Pendry combines inspired design with a celebration of culture and authentic service tailored to today’s cultured world traveler. Founders Alan J. Fuerstman and Michael Fuerstman's well-seasoned experience in the hospitality industry serves as the foundation for the brand, injecting each property with a unique perspective on contemporary style, and an emphasis on the arts and local community in the city it calls home. The portfolio of hotels includes Pendry San Diego, Sagamore Pendry Baltimore, Pendry West Hollywood, Pendry Chicago, Pendry Manhattan West, Pendry Park City and Pendry Washington DC – The Wharf. Opening in 2023 is Pendry Newport Beach and Pendry Natirar. Opening in 2024 is Pendry Tampa. Pendry Hotels & Resorts is a member of Preferred Hotels & Resorts. For more information on Pendry Hotels & Resorts, follow @pendryhotels or visit www.pendry.com.