The Wharf is designed to be a vibrant destination, with lots of spaces for those looking to live active lives. Go for a run, do yoga in the park, head out on the water, take a fitness class, or just go for a leisurely stroll on our promenade—at The Wharf, you’ll always find new things to do and explore.
- Health & Fitness Centers: (info about gym operators)
- East Potomac Park & Hains Point: Just across the Washington Channel, East Potomac Park invites you to tee off on DC’s public golf course, dive into the Olympic-size swimming pool, play a round of miniature golf, or challenge your partner to a tennis match. There are also several athletic fields for baseball, softball, soccer, rugby, or American football. The island’s roads and paths are also a popular destination for runners, bikers, and inline skaters.
- Anacostia Riverwalk Trail: Explore this 20-mile, paved trail that goes from the Bladensburg Waterfront Park to the Tidal Basin—your connection to such sights as the National Arboretum, Kenilworth Aquatic Gardens, Nationals Park, and more.
- Ice Skating Rink: Put on your own skates or rent them at our rink to glide across the ice in one of DC’s most scenic rinks during wintertime.
- Yoga: Stretch out and find your flow at our free yoga sessions overlooking the waterfront. Just bring your mat and remember to hydrate. Take a look at our calendar for the next time and place.
- Fitness Class: Choose from several fitness providers to find the fitness regimen that works best for you.
- Water Activities: From paddleboarding to kayaking, dragon boating to sailing, The Wharf offers a wide variety of fun things to do on the water for exercise and relaxation on the Potomac’s lapping waves.